To ensure that the public education system delivers on its promise of great outcomes for all kids, we need a shared understanding of the facts to help us assess the system, identify challenges, and develop viable solutions.
The Learning Landscape presents a balanced assessment of the status of education in the United States by aggregating high quality research and data from numerous credible sources.
Each chapter describes the context and the current state of play in each focus area and highlights key policy issues and trends affecting public education now and in the future.
Browse by chapter below, or visit thelearninglandscape.org for more.
- Chapter 1: Student Achievement
- Chapter 2: Accountability, Standards, & Assessment
- Chapter 3: School Finance
- Chapter 4: Teacher Effectiveness
- Chapter 5: Charter Schools
- Chapter 6: Philanthropy